These retreat planning helpful tips will save your time and ensure that your retreat is as successful as possible. With over 25 years of retreat design experience, we can help you make the most of your valuable time and resources.
Why are retreats important?
A well designed retreat allows groups to accomplish much of the following:
- Reflect on, and celebrate, accomplishments
- Review individual, group or organizational goals
- Refine their purpose and priorities for the future
- Envision future scenarios and plan for their fulfillment
- Learn helpful personal or professional development information
- Balance, deepen and broaden their fellowship through simple social events
- Relax and rejuvenate through rest, reading & relaxation
- Re-energize through outdoor recreation & adventure activities
What factors make for a great retreat?
Successful retreats incorporate a mixture of the following components:
- A “Theme” which establishes a meaningful context and ties together all elements of the experience.
- An opening social for the group to mix and mingle
- A review of the retreat purpose, objectives and schedule
- A short, insightful presentation which is relevant, inspirational and meaningful to all participants.
- A visioning session which explores & inspires a future for the group
- Key learning sessions which support the focus of the retreat.
Examples could include:
a) Creative problem-solving
b) Goal Setting
c) Work/Life Balance
d) Leadership & Collaboration
e) Personal Renewal & Vitality
- A session for group planning and goal setting for the next 12 months
- A group dinner and celebration with recognition of key contributions
- A team building activity which is fun, relevant and memorable.
- Brief closing summary which captures the retreat highlights and path forward.